Terms & Conditions
Dalswinton Estate weddings is run by Queensberry Event Hire Limited (“Queensberry”). Queensberry will submit a written quotation which the person hiring the venue (the “Hirer”) shall accept in online or in writing. In the absence of such written acceptance of the quotation making payment of the deposit shall validate the Contract. All aspects of your contract with Dalswinton Estate Weddings will be subject to these terms and conditions of hire.
2. Period of Hire
The period of hire is understood to mean the period for which the venue is required to be ready and available for use.
- Period of hire is one day from 9am-12:30am.
- Music must end at 12 midnight.
- Carriages at 12:30. Guests must leave the Estate promptly and have pre-organised transport.
- Additional days hire prior or after the agreed day of hire are charged for.
- Saturday weddings – reserve the Friday for set up for £1500 inc Vat
- Friday Weddings – Reserve the Thursday for £500 inc VAT
- Late bookings: If day before your event is still available 1 month before your event you may reserve the day for a reduced rate of £250. Reduced rate is only available 28 days before your event.
- Access for set up is from 09:00 – 17:00 on your reserved day. Every hour outside this allocated time will be charge at an hourly rate of £10 per hour.
A 30% or £1500 deposit is paid to secure the venue – This is non-refundable.
- £500 deposit shall be payable to secured the date. This payment is a part payment towards your non-returnable deposit and is accepted as agreement by the Client to the Proposal.
- A further £1000 is payable within 8 weeks of the event booking, unless otherwise agreed between the Business and the Client – these payments constitute your 30% non-refundable deposit.
- The final payment as per the final booking form is due 1 month prior to the Event, unless otherwise agreed between the Business and the Client.
- A £500 catering deposit is also taken once you have confirmed your menu selection with us – This is also non refundable.
4. The Business’s Management of The Event
The hire charges include staff for on the day, including co-ordinator, bar staff and car parking staff. All catering staff costs are billed separately with your menu choice.
The Client agrees on their own behalf and on behalf of every guest;
- That the opinion of the Business is final in regard to safety matters.
- To comply with any requests or order made by the Business in the interests of safety however expressed.
- To comply with any reasonable instruction given by the Business for any other reason.
- The Business reserves the right to request any guest to leave the event if in the opinion of the business the guest is behaving in a dangerous, unreasonable or disruptive manner and the client agrees to procure that such a request will be complied with by each and every guest. In such circumstances the business shall be under no liability to the client or the guest in respect to any refund of the price or compensation for any costs or damages, which may be incurred, by the client or guest.
5. Noise Pollution
- The Business reserves the right to manage and prevent noise pollution.
- The Client agrees that any band, entertainment, music provider will adhere to the business policy and sound limits.
- Should any of the above parties not adhere to the sound limits then the business reserves the right to stop or prevent them from performing at the event.
6. The position of equipment
We have permanent bars and dance floors set up in the marquee, we can move these on request for a charge. It is the clients and caterers responsibility to arrange tables for the meal as desired.
7. Lighting and decoration Hire
You must use Dalswinton’s own lighting and hanging decor unless agreed. No other hanging decorations and lighting can be brought into the venue. In exceptional circumstances and agreed by the venue manager you wish for us to hang your decorations. We charge a call out fee of £100 plus £10 per hour to hang and remove your items – for large installations we will quote separately.
8. Loss or Damage
We have a refundable damage deposit fee of £500 as insurance for us against accidental damage of Dalswinton Estate and Queensberry hire equipment- We take this to protect ourselves and maintain our equipment to a high standard. Our Insurance fee is also offered as it is either not possible for clients to source insurance that covers the full value of hired equipment and guests, or can be less expensive than doing so. Please note the insurance policy does not cover event cancelation, public or employer liability or any other liability. If you choose not to take our insurance we require proof that the cover sourced by yourself is adequate. Please note, if items are stolen from site the client will be resonsible for cost of replacement. See our full terms and conditions for further details.
- Broken property will be paid for in full by the client. At the rate of a like for like replacement.
- Broken glassware will be charged for. At the rate of a like for like replacement.
9. Liability to third parties
Queensberry will not be responsible for and the Hirer will indemnify Queensberry against all claims for injury to persons or loss of or damage to property while a guest at Dalswinton Estate.
10. Force Majeure
While every effort will be made by Queensberry to carry out any order accepted, the full performance of it is subject to variation or cancellation by Queensberry consequent upon act of God, War, Strikes, Riots, Lock outs or other labour disturbances, fire, flood, restrictions on the use of transport, fuel or power, requisitioning, shortage of material or transport or labour or any cause beyond the control of Queensberry.
11. Modification of Contract
No verbal representations or arrangements are recognised by Queensberry and these terms and conditions shall only be modified by a supplementary written contract.
12. Cancellation or premature termination of contract
Cancellation by Clients
- The Client may cancel the Event but cancellation will only take effect from the date that the Business received written notice of cancellation. A cancellation fee will be payable as set out below,
Period of Notice = Cancellation fee
- 250 day or more notice = Non refundable deposit Only (30% of Venue Hire)
- 91 to 250 days notice = 60% Venue Hire Fee must be paid
- 1 to 90 days notice = 100% Venue Hire Fee must be paid
Cancellation by the Business
The Business reserves the right to cancel the event if;
- The full payment has not been received by the business by the event date in accordance with payment terms.
- Circumstances beyond the Business’s control including without prejudice the foregoing generality acts of god, war, terrorism or industrial dispute and in these circumstances the Business shall be under no obligation to refund any part of the price to the Client.
13. Amendments to the Event
If necessary whether for reasons of safety or such as unavailability of qualified staff or suitable equipment or adverse weather conditions, or for other justifiable reasons the Business reserves the right to make, after consultation with the client wherever possible and as soon as reasonably possible, changes to the proposal including if necessary changes to the venue of the Event.
14. The Business’s Liability
- The Business shall be required to take all reasonable care in providing the services and having regard to health and safety legislation
- The Business shall have no liability to the Client or the Guests (Other than death and personal injury of a guest resulting from the Business’s negligence) for any loss or damage of any nature however caused arising out of or in connection with attendance at the Event or to the property of the Client or Guest unless otherwise covered by the public liability insurance carried by the Business at the date of the Event, any such claim by the Client or Guest being made on the terms and conditions of such insurance a copy of which is available on request.
- Personal Accident Insurance covering the event is not included in the price but can be arranged on request.
- The Contract of which these Terms and Conditions form part shall be governed by the Laws of Scotland and the parties hereto shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts: